Enjoy going alone or with your friends? Choose our ready-made self-guided hiking packages to enchanting nature destinations. We offer many types of hiking packages in the areas of Kuusamo, Salla and Posio
ENCHANTING SELF-GUIDED NATURE EXPERIENCES
Do you want to go on your own, but would need more than rented gear with you? Do you want a pre-planned route with recommended places to stay? Do you want to know the most important sights on a self-guided hike where you should stop?
Our self-guided hikes are the right choice for you!
SELF-GUIDED HIKE INCLUDES
- Essential hiking gear – read our blog posting about the gear which is included
- Comprehensive and complete preparation package
- 1 hour online orientation meeting
- Support before and during the hike with email or with WhatsApp. We will answer any questions you many have!
OUR PREPARATION PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Tips for hiking, the route and places to see during the hike
- Hiking food and hiking energy related hints
- Instructions how to use the gear
- Map, route description and proposed camp locations considering the duration of your hike
ENRICH YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ADDITIONAL SERVICES
- Transportation to and from the route (ask also our car transfer service)
- Complete hiking meal package (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack)
- 2 hours practical course for using the gear
- Guide with you for the first day and night. This will help you to feel comfortable on during your hike
Check more details under Additional services in our web shop!
Please note that all self-guided hikes are also available as guided, customized hikes. Contact us, and let’s customize a hike for you according to your wishes!
SELF-GUIDED HIKE DESTINATIONS
oulanKa NATIONAL PARK
The most popular hiking trail in Finland, the legendary Karhunkierros, takes you to the best places in Oulanka National Park, to the wild rapids and other enchanting nature wonders. It offers multiple route options all the way up to 82 kilometers.
This route must be traveled at least once in a lifetime!
Salla NATIONAL PARK
OUR OWN ROUTE
Our own route for self-guided hikes in Salla National Park combines the three most popular routes, offering all the park’s most important attractions at the same time. You will see all the best sights of the official routes (Aihkipetsa, Ruuhitunturi and Pahakuru tours) on this hike
FROM SALLA TO KUUSAMO
SALLA SKI RESORT – HAUTAJÄRVI – RUKA
On this route you will visit the wonderful sights of Salla National Park and continue along the UKK route towards Hautajärvi. From Hautajärvi you hike along Karhunkierros to Ruka.
This is the longest of our routes and offers the opportunity to hike for more than a week in the landscapes of Salla and Kuusamo
Riistunturi – Kirintövaara
The Riisitunturi route is about 26 kilometers long, which is well suited for a two day hiking.
The route goes over the fell (or mountains) from the starting point of Riisitunturi to the southwest via Karitunturi to Kirintövaara.
HOSSA NATIONAL PARK
VISITOR CENTER – Julma Ölkky – Värikallio – VISITOR CENTER
This route combines all the greatest attractions of Hossa National Park. Go see the paintings of Värikallio and admire Lake Julma-Ölkkyjärvi, for example from the suspension bridge over the lake.
This route can be completed, for example, as a hybrid route by cycling and hiking. Hossa offers very good mountain bike trails
Do you have any questions? If yes, please fill in the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also send us an email to email@example.com or WhatsApp us in +358405900001.